iPhones and iPads are increasingly becoming very popular and common platforms in today’s world. Its popularity and frequency are also upgrading day by day. But with that, the users are struggling with their device connection problems. Are you a iOS device user and struggling while connecting your iOS device to the wifi connection? Troubleshooting the wifi connection for your iOs device can be a frustrating task for every other user. So, what do we do in these situations? How to fix this problem? Having the latest iPhone device but unable to connect it with your wifi connection that’s the most annoying thing for everyone. What’s the use of the iPhone when you can’t connect it to your wifi connection? If you are struggling with this problem, then you have come to the right place. Here in this article, we will suggest the necessary steps that will help you to connect your iPhone or iPad to your wifi connection.
Steps to Go Through to Get Your Wireless Connection Fixed
Follow the steps mentioned below to get your wireless connection fixed:
Step 1. Make sure that your router is turned on. Check whether your internet service connection shows online or offline mode. You can also try switching your wifi on and off on your device. For this, go through some simple steps:
- Tap on the Settings icon given on your home screen.
- Tap on wifi.
- Tap on the wifi option twice to turn off and turn it on.
Step 2. If you are working at some other place like any restaurant or coffee shop and it has multiple networks, then Make sure that you are connected to the right wifi network. To do this, follow these simple steps.
- Go through the Settings application given on the home screen of your device.
- Go to wifi.
- Tap on the network that you want to connect to.
Step 3. Check whether you are on the upgraded version of your iOS device or not. Make sure to update your operating software from time to time. Updation of your operating system fixes all the bugs, and it also improves the performance of your device. To upgrade your device, follow the steps:
- Select the Settings app given on your home screen.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on the software update.
- If any update is available on your device, then tap on install option to upgrade your software.
Step 4. You can also fix this problem by resetting your network settings. Although resetting can be really frustrating, in case if anything goes wrong with your device, then this is the most necessary step you might have to take. To do this, follow the given steps:
- Select the Settings application on your home screen.
- Tap on General.
- You need to scroll down your screen where you will find the reset option on your screen. Tap on the Reset option.
- Tap on the Reset Network Settings option.
- You have to enter the passcode, once going through the reset network settings option.
- Lastly after entering the passcode, tap on the Reset Network Setting option on your device to complete the network resetting process.
Step 5. You can also try restarting your router and modem. This might solve your wifi connection problem. Most of the routers have an on and off button in them. You can try switching it off and on. When you turn on your router check to make sure green light pops up on it. The green light indicates that your router is on.
Step 6. You can also try restarting your iOS device. After turning your device back on, you can try connecting your device to wifi again. Rebooting your device isn’t that difficult task. Here are the steps to restart your device.
- There is a button given on the ride side of your device. Press and hold the button until a slider of On and Off options appears on your device. Tap on Off.
- To restart your device, hold on the power button until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
Given above are the steps that might solve your problem of wifi connection. Try these steps now and for more details like this stay connected to us and we assure you to come up with the best possible solution to solve all your problems.