The does not equal sign (≠) it is a mathematical symbol that means the value of two characters is not equal. Several users need to write does not equal sign on their documents. Although, this key is not available on the standard keyboards. Some users don’t know how they can use the does not equal symbol. In this article, we will teach you how you can type does not equal sign on your keyboard, EXcel, and Mac.
How to Make Does Not Equal Symbol on the Keyboard
You can copy does not equal sign from Windows character features
Here are the steps to do:
- Windows has in-built character map features where you can select and copy several symbols.
- Tap windows + S key on your keyboard to find the character map.
- In the search bar type “Character map” and then tap on the first result to launch a character map.
- Click “Advanced View” to launch several options.
- Here you need to type “not equal” in the search field to find them.
- Tap the “Select” option.
- Select the “Copy” tab.
- Now open the documents where you wish to add the does not equal symbol.
- Now you need to tap the Ctrl + V keyboard to paste the symbol in your document.
Alternatively, you can copy does not equal sign from Google, launch the Google browser and then follow the steps given below:
- In the Google search field type “does not equal sign” and tap the “Enter” button.
- Now you can view the does not equal sign on your screen on the top result.
- Hold down your left mouse key and then drag your mouse cursor on the equal sign to select it.
- Now tap Ctrl + C to copy does not equal sign.
- Open your document where you wish to add does not equal sign and then tap Ctrl + V to past it.
Enter Does Not Equal Sign on Macbook
If you are an Apple Macbook user then you don’t need to copy does not equal sign to add in your documents. Apple Keyboard has an in-built option key that you can use in combination with other signs and character on your document. Here you need to tap on the “option key + =” key on your keyboard to add the does not equal symbol in your documents.
Add Does Not Equal Sign In Word
If you are a Microsoft word user then you can add does not equal sign in your document quickly.
Here are the steps to follow:
- To add does not equal sign on your Microsoft Word document, tap on “Insert” button on Microsoft word.
- Tap on ‘Symbol” to launch the characters dropdown menu.
- Tao on “Does not equal sign” on the dropdown menu to add does not equal sign on Microsoft word document.
How to Attach Does Not Equal Sign in Microsoft Excel
If you are working on the Microsoft Excel worksheet then you don’t need to use the above methods to add an equal symbol in spreadsheet cells. In the Microsoft Excel the process to add does not equal sign is not the same as Microsoft Word or Macbook. Here you need to enter the “<>” operator to add does not equal sign in the function tab.
For example, open an Excel spreadsheet cell where you wish to add does not equal sign. Then tap on the function tab and type “=7<>9” in the tab and tap Return.